Tuesday, November 4, 2014

NaMoWriMo, Away!



Good morning everyone.

Well, it's morning to me. Late morning. Before I go to work. Well, whatever.

Anyway, this year I decided to take the plunge and write a book in one month. The more I think about it, the more crazy it sounds to me. I work so much, have all these other things I would like to do (like knitting a birthday present for my boyfriend). But all my life I've been writing, but I've never finished a damn thing. It is high time to change all that.

It's a science fiction novel, and it isn't one of the ideas I've had bouncing around in my mind for ages. I've always thought about going back and fleshing out those old tales, but will something really be good that I started at 15? No, probably not.

Anyway, I'm not sure where this will take me. I might never actually publish it. But I want to finish something, and that is very important to me.

I really officially began writing today, and so far I've put in 2,261 words. Not even remotely close to 50,000, eh? But it's a start. I don't care if it's good, I don't care if anyone likes it. I want to finish something.

Anyway, here's a link to my page. I may post some snippets here, I haven't decided yet.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment