Friday, February 7, 2014

Boiré Self Heating One Minute Mask Review

Good morning everyone!

I was really excited when I found out about the new Bioré Don't Be Dirty line from Nouveau Cheap (that's one of my favorite beauty blogs, by the way). The new products use charcoal to deeply cleanse your pores (or something). I honestly can't explain to you why I wanted to try the masks and the facial cleanser out (well, I do seem to have a liking for face masks) but the need was real. So when I popped into my campus CVS the other day, I was delighted to see that they had these in stock (even though Target didn't, which I found surprising).

Anyway, I have the facial cleanser as well, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it just yet, so for now you just get a review of the mask. With that all said, let's begin!



Sorry the pictures are so wonky, I took them in my bathroom and the lighting is always a little bizarre in there. Anyway, it comes in that little package, and contains four little servings of facial mask. Unlike the Say Yes to Cucumbers facial mask I reviewed not too long ago, these actually DO end up being enough for one use (and not two - as a side note what was left in that package didn't dry out and I was able to use it all up!) which is nice, because I don't like things that are meant to be single-use but contain far too much product for that to be practical. I paid about $8, and as you can see there are $4, making them $2/each. I suppose that isn't too bad, although some of the stuff I got from Ulta was about the same price and has more than 4 uses. 

But those are self-heating, so I suppose I can't judge. By the way, "self-heating" is a bit of a misnomer. You have to continuously for one minute. So you do have to do some work. But the product does heat up, and it feels nice on the face (at least I thought so) and calming to boot. The smell isn't too strong or overpowering, and it feels kinda nice to just rub your face for a minute, which isn't that long anyway. Because of this the product never hardens, so it's easy to get off as well.

My skin was left smooth and beautiful, which is what I like to see (especially since as of late my skin's been very dry and lizard-y looking). 

I think this was worth the price, and I could see myself buying it again once I use it all up.

Has anyone else used this product, or for some unknown reason (like me) been interested in trying it out? Let me know!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment