Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Peppermint Foot Scrub Review



Good morning everyone!

I have to start out by apologizing for the wonky coloring/lighting in my pictures - I usually take all my shots midday, but today I am up at 7:30 am (for whatever ungodly reason) and had to take some quick photos since I was taking care of my sick roommate yesterday morning and didn't have time to before work. So sorry!

Anyway, today I'm reviewing this peppermint foot scrub from Body & Earth Spa. It's something I got from one of my old roommates because she didn't want it anymore. Upon doing some research, it seems that they mostly do gift baskets and can be found at KMart (hence me not linking directly to the product itself). I didn't have any foot scrub at the time, so I figured I'd give it a go.

While I like peppermint tea quite a bit, I'm not sure I like it in this foot scrub. The scent is almost overpowering, and it doesn't really smell natural or real. While the texture of the product in hand is fine, it doesn't go on very evenly or well onto my feet, and big clumps usually end up at the bottom of my tub. It also uses microbeads, which is not good (since they can't be filtered out of the water system). And most disappointing of all, I'm not entirely convinced that it actually works or does anything -  I feel like my pumice stone does a better job of buffing out my feet than this does.

I guess I can't complain too loudly since I got it for free, but here are some products from Ulta I think I'll try out once my no buy month is over:


Do you have any foot scrubs to recommend to me? Have you tried this product? Let me know!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment