Friday, January 31, 2014

No Buy Month: February 2014


Good afternoon everyone!
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for posting so late in the day - I know my posts usually go up in the morning, but I was far too tired to work on a post last night due to some extreme insomnia I've been having, and last night I was actually able to sleep so I slept as much as I possibly could! 

Anyway, moving on. I'm really glad that I decided to try out more beauty products and expand my horizons, but that isn't always easy on the budget! So I decided a No Buy Month was in order. What does that mean, you ask? Here are my rules:

1. No buying new products unless an essential runs out (like if my makeup remover gets all used up before the end of the month, I am allowed to repurchase that)
2. No buying new clothes
3. No eating out (my one exception would be plans I made about two weeks ago before I decided on a no buy month - I feel it would be rude to cancel now, and I'm going out with a friend who can get 50% our meal, so... I guess it isn't too bad?)
4. I am allowed to buy groceries, but only if I absolutely need something (so I'm trying to use up all I have first)
5. I am allowed to pay for my bunny's vet bill (since it's essential, of course) and buy him things he needs, like litter and food

What do I want to accomplish?:
1. I want to better appreciate the products I do have, and learn to use them well
2. Help cut back on impulse purchases
3. Use up some of the product I have (hopefully)

So there you have it! I still have lots of things to renew and to talk about, and one of my goals for this month is also to try and go through all of my nail polish and really decide what I want to keep and what I don't (it hasn't really come up on this blog yet, but I have a TON of nail polish). 

I'll report back at the end of the month!

Have you done a no buy month before? Are you planning on it? What were your reasons, and did it work out? Let me know!

Cheers!

Ps - I snagged the picture from Alice's blog - she's doing six months! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment