Friday, February 28, 2014

February No Buy: What Have I Learned?

Source: Chiot's Run


Good afternoon everyone!

I think it's a good question, and a good place to start: what have I learned?

Well, a few different things:


  1. I can still find things to post about, even if I'm not constantly buying and trying new things.
  2. I already have a good amount of makeup I can use to look pretty!
  3. I'm still learning, and I can experiment with what I have.
  4. I can overcome stress without retail therapy.
There are several others, I'm sure, but I think these are the four biggest points. I remember being concerned that I wouldn't have anything to post about if I wasn't buying new stuff, but then I realized that I have a lot here to work with (although to be fair I did have a good chunk of posts about stuff I bought in January). 

I also realized that I should utilize my 88 Original Palette a lot more (which is on sale right now by the way, check it out!). It's pigmented well, even more so with some Nyx Milk underneath, so I should try and use it more, and for more than just my brows (seriously y'all I'll take a picture one day and you'll be able to pick out IN AN INSTANT which color I use for my brows). 

I also remembered how satisfying it is to use up a product entirely. It feels good to know I've used something to its fullest and that I've gotten my money's worth. This was just as comforting to me as buying, in a way.

Going off of that, I've sort of replaced my need to buy with Otome games on my phone where I can use in game money to buy stuff (even if it isn't fancy or a lot). It sounds silly, but they're nice for bus rides or waiting for the bus. 

Does this mean I'll never buy makeup again? Hell no. I already know something I would like to get with some birthday money I got a few weeks ago. But it does mean I will be more careful with my dollars, and not use buying as a way to deal with stress.

It was tough, I almost broke a few times, but I made it. I made it, and here I am, perhaps a little more learned because of it.

I was even good about my food budget and using what food I already have here; I brought a lunch with me almost every day! I feel accomplished that I was able to apply this to more than just makeup.

Have you gone on a no buy? How did it go? Let me know!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment