Friday, January 24, 2014

Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask Review



Good afternoon everyone!

Today I'm going to review this Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask which I bought from Ulta, but a quick google search shows some other places (like Walgreens) carry this item too.

If you haven't noticed yet (I'm sure you'll catch on quickly though!) I love facial masks. There's something so gratifying about slathering some product all over your face, letting it set, and rubbing it off to reveal ultra smooth skin. Oh yes, I like my facial masks indeed. I picked this one up at my local Ulta after doing some research online (where it got 4.5 stars), and it has yet to disappoint me!

Firstly, the packaging. For some reason I was really drawn to its simple yet somehow pretty design. I really like the sort of matte texture of the packaging as well (most bath/skin care products are kinda slippery, if you know what I mean). 

Secondly, the product itself. On the packaging it says, "This super-cleansing detox mask cleanses impurities for a cleaner, brighter complexion. The energy of orange recharges, while sea salt cleanses and bergamot balances. Your face will notice the difference." While I'm not sure about all the frilly details of recharging and whatnot, I have noticed a difference in my skin over the few times I've used this, and it leaves my skin very soft. I also really like how this product smells - I was a bit worried at first because I have had facial masks that are a little overwhelming in the scent department (which is unfortunate, since you slather it on.. y'know... your face), but this smells very nice without overpowering me. This is one of the longer facial masks I own (meaning longer sit time), as the directions call for 10-15 minutes. So I usually put this on at the start of my bath and soak up for a bit before taking it off.

I highly recommend this product to anyone who likes using facial masks, or who has skin that sometimes won't behave. I also find the scent to be relaxing (along with facial masks themselves; there's something about the application, the waiting, and the removal that's calming to me), so I like to use this to help me unwind at the end of a long day.

Have you tried this product? Are you excited to try it? Let me know what you think!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment